Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Olympics

I have been watching a crapload of the Olympics coverage. I find it fascinating and I root for the good ol' US of A as much as the next guy (or more if the next guy doesn't happen to be from here), but this article seems like a whole lot of sour grapes. Ok, maybe those Chinese girls weren't 16 years old, I don't know, but I just can't buy the argument that they were more impervious to pressure because they were younger. Don't we usually hear from sports announcers that older, wiser, more mature veterans are less likely to succumb to pressure? Now, because the US girls only got a silver instead of a gold they argue the opposite?

Seems like a load of shit to me. I'm not sure that those girls being younger caused the US girl to fall off the balance beam or fall during her floor excercise.

Then again, whatever, it's just women's gymnastics anyway.

3 comments:

Josh Mueslix said...

I can't believe the day has come that I am posting about women's gymnastics. If we weren't calling the Chinese cheaters for having girls on the team that were younger than 16, we were claiming that Alicia Sacramone was made to wait too long after she had "mentally prepared herself to compete" before she could actually get out there...therefore, the dastardly Chinese stole "our" gold medal again. U.S.A. simply did not win the gold medal...get over it...we'll (and by "we'll" I mean a bunch of high school girls) get 'em next time. Besides, Sacramone can do this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QA6s7p-zU8) which is worth 118 gold medals in my book...

Brown Walker said...

USA, USA! If we didn't win, then you must be cheating! USA, USA!

Pirate Ninja said...

Here's what I don't get, we spend 4 years not giving two shits about synchronized diving, then all of a sudden its the greatest thing that's ever happened.