Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I think I love this woman

I have no idea who she is and I know I'll probably never know. I've been reading her posts for years and there are times when I feel sorry for her. There are times that I wish she would see the forest rather than all the trees. Then I think about how she would be disgusted at the use of that phrase in that place. I often wish that she would just write her life story in continuous prose rather than force me to pick up tidbits among bimonthly posts about yoga. She's clearly a genius and almost always fun to read. Ultimately I think I like our arrangement the way it is, because I am sure that if we ever became friends she would let me down like all the rest by telling how great last night's American Idol was...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something tells me she doesn't watch Idol. And that's a good thing.

Brown Walker said...

Love is an awfully strong word, but I think I would enjoy reading what she writes, while being almost certain that I would hate her if I ever met her. I feel the same way about Chuck Klosterman and the lead singer from Harvey Danger.