Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Caught

It's a two-fer-tuesday of Stealing Jeff Kay's Topics:

1. Jeff asked yesterday if anyone had ever been caught "doing it". Well, here's my little story: when I was in High School I dated a girl for about a year and a half (one of the worst girlfriends I ever had, but she agreed to have sex with me, so I stayed around for about a year and five months too long). At the time my bedroom was in my parents basement, so we were able to have our fun in relative privacy. But there were some nights when Mom and Dad were up and around that we needed to get away and do our thing elsewhere. One of those nights we ended up in the backseat of my car (a piece of shit two door Olds, if I recall correctly) at a small park. We were in the preliminary stages, but well on our way towards the main event when a cop showed up and shined his light in the backseat. It was a little embarrassing, but the worst part was when he made me get out and then he asked my girlfriend if she was their "of her own free will." He then left us alone, but the mood was broken.*

*Yes, I am aware that this story is similar to Jeff's only not nearly as good, but what do you want me to do about it - it is the truth.

2. Today Jeff asked about television watching habits. I must admit that I watch far more t.v. that I wish that I did. I would rather be reading a book, writing something or playing music, but most days I'm just too tired to do anything but slouch on the couch and watch t.v. I know far too many channel numbers by heart to list them like Jeff did, but here are my regulars:

ESPN
ESPN2
HBO's various channels
TBS - for Seinfeld re-runs
Fox - for the Simpsons
ABC - for Lost
MLB Network
Discovery - for Cash Cab
Sports PPV - for the MLB Extra Innings Package
Fox SportsMidwest - for St. Louis Blues hockey

And that's pretty much it, off the top of my head.

No comments: