Thursday, June 12, 2008

Speaking of Star Wars Prequels.

I just went to the imdb.com page for Star Wars: The Clone Wars because I wanted to confirm that Sam Jackson and Chris Lee are doing the voices for Mace Windu and Count Dooku respectively. When I got there the board was full of negativity. So I had to post this:


Why is everyone being so negative? This is going to be a fun summer cartoon for the whole family, with lightsabers. How is that a bad thing? I'm going to see it, and when I do I'm going to have the same attitude I had when I saw, and enjoyed, the prequel films. These are awesome spectacles with awesome space battles. That's what we loved about Star Wars the first time, but for some reason we feel the need to raise the standard.

Was Return of the Jedi a great movie? Was it on par with Casablanca or The Godfather? Not even close. It had bad acting, muppets, and a rudimentary story. But it is beloved by Star Wars fans because when we were 10, we were enthralled by the cool visuals and the baddest bad guys to ever appear on screen.

I'm going to this film with my whole family and we will have a great time. The rest of you can have fun complaining, it is what you do best.

2 comments:

Brown Walker said...

I agree. Somewhere along the way it became "cool" to dislike things. I thought that the Prequels were fun and, in fact, I think Revenge of the Sith is actually a pretty decent movie. The Phantom Menace is difficult to re-watch except for the badass duel with Darth Maul at the end and Attack of the Clones has quite a few cool sequences, although I could skip the awkward dialogue during the love story parts. But that was true of parts of the original trilogy, too - like the Han Solo/Princess Leia conversation the night before the attack on the power generator.

Pirate Ninja said...

I love everything about The Phantom Menace, its actually my favorite of the three!