Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Work Ethic

My dad didn't miss work because he was sick unless he could not physically get his ass out of bed. To this point in my career, I have emulated that work ethic - partly because I thought it was a good way to impress the boss and partly because I was raised to think that it was the right thing to do. But fuck all that. For the last two weeks multiple co-workers have been tromping around the office looking like they've contracted the Black Death and coughing like they've been on a three day cigarette and whisky bender in Las Vegas. Tomorrow I am leaving to go to Florida for a week's worth of vacation and about a half an hour ago I started feeling dizzy and "flu-ish".

Please people, do us all a favor and stay the fuck home if you don't feel good. If my whole vacation is spent with the Black Death I am going to take a dump on my co-workers' desks.

3 comments:

kenju said...

Well, that's a bit harsh, but I don't blame you for being mad.

Pirate Ninja said...

I play hookie all the time. It gets me a lot more hours to play video games.

Brown Walker said...

Well, I'm back and the desk-dumping was averted because I never really got sick. Once I got in the Florida sun and had a few Jack and Cokes, I felt much better.